Simple Supported Beams
Stress and deflection formulae for simple supported beams
- Simply Supported At Both Ends With A Uniform Load.
- Simply Supported At Both Ends . Load At Centre.
- Simply Supported At Both Ends. Load At Any Point.
- Simply Supported At Both Ends. Two Equal Loads Symmetrically Placed
- Simply Supported But With Both Ends Overhanging Symmetrically. Uniform Load.
- Simply Supported With Both Ends Overhanging, Supports Unsymmetrical, Uniform Load.
- Simply Unsymmetrically Supported With Both Ends Overhanging And A Load At Any Point.
- Simply Supported With Ends Overhanging. Single Overhanging Load.
- Page Comments
IntroductionThe stress and deflection for simply supported beams under a number of loading scenarios is illustrated within this page. The following symbols have been used throughout:
- S is the Stress at any point
- Z is the Section Modulus of beam cross section.
- y is the deflection at any point.
- W is the load on the Beam Note for uniform loads W = wl where w is the load per unit length
- E is the Modulus of Elasticity ( Young's Modulus)
- I is the Moment of Inertia of the cross-section about the neutral axis