I have forgotten
my Password

Or login with:

  • Facebookhttp://facebook.com/
  • Googlehttps://www.google.com/accounts/o8/id
  • Yahoohttps://me.yahoo.com


A list of the symbols used in our Engineering Materials pages.
+ View other versions (2)


While studying the pages on Engineering Materials, a student will often come across symbols and notations representing engineering terminology. Most such symbols are easy to understand, for instance, the term "D" used in connection with a pipe or tube would normally imply "Diameter"'. However, you may come across terms that are not so obvious. Therefore, for complex terms and notations, such as the use of "C" for "Modulus of Rigidity", a student feels the need for a ready reference of terms and notations.

The following table is of the symbols used in the Codecogs Engineering Materials Reference submissions.


13108/img_10.jpg cannot be found in /users/13108/img_10.jpg. Please contact the submission author.